The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CopyLibraryResources fails to locate FixStringsFile Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have built the TextEditor example from the OmniGroup frameworks. All is well accept for one error I am getting from the CopyLibraryResources script. It cannot seem to locate the FixStringsFile file. Is this script even required for building on iOS? How can I resolve this issue?

A sreenshot of the error.

Thanks!
Jonah

The FixStringsFile tool should be built as a dependency of TextEditor. If you look in the Log Navigator and select “All Messages” it should be the first thing built.

This tool isn't strictly necessary for simple testing, but we signal an error if it is missing to ensure our builds don't have issues it fixes. In particular, this tool sorts strings table entries, converts sequences of three periods to ellipsis, and pairs of straight quotes to curly quotes.

If you are just playing around with the sample code, you can comment out calls to FixStringsFile and ignore it for now.