The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rezise, Move object with Grips? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been looking in the framework to see if you provided the code to be able to handle moving and resizing of view/objects.

Similar to the OmniGraffle when you have an object on the screen, tap it and you get the grips that will allow you to resize and move the object?

Thanks,
Scott<-

I've been working on an example app (for iPad) that is a much-simplified version of Graffle. However, so far it doesn't have resize handles. It's more focused on getting all of the gesture recognizers working together -- selecting, moving, panning, zooming, rotating, nudging, etc. We'll add this example project to the frameworks soon.

Once you have gestures set up, handles are just a matter of hit-testing (did the user start the gesture on a handle?). You can do the calculation yourself or use subviews with userInteractionEnabled=YES. You should try to maintain a 40px by 40px tappable target area for each handle, even though the handle graphics will most likely be a lot smaller than that.

As far as I know, we don't have any framework code specifically for handles. That's because the details vary a lot between apps. For example, GraphSketcher's handles are a lot different from Graffle's, because the objects being manipulated are different.