The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deleted Project verus Completed / Dropped Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I usually mark finished projects as completed or dropped and I understand the distinction between these.
My question - Is there any advantage in terms of sync speed to deleting finished projects?
I run OmniFocus on 2 Macs, an iPad and an iPhone. My sync times are starting to get longer.
I would prefer to use completed or dropped to keep a record of past projects and permit future resurrection. However, if there is a sync speed advantage, I would be willing to delete many projects or single action items.
Any help explaining archiving procedures would be appreciated.

Are you using the 'File>Move Old Data to Archive...' command? If not, this will allow you to archive the older, completed projects while still allowing access to them for future reference.

I'd missed that, looks like the answer. Thanks.