The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webarchive Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I looked at the previously posted threads but I did not find anything about saving webpages as "webarchives", as Safari and Shiira are able to.

This feature is the only thing that still forces me to use Safari in addition to OW.
Also, it would be great to be able to save webarchives with several levels, like MS IE.

I hope this gets implemented soon.

Thank you very much.
CA

We would definitely like to add saving as webarchive to OmniWeb, but I can't promise a timeframe.

I would like to see it in 5.5 if we can, but new features are the bottom of the priority list after stability, memory leaks, and old features.

Hi Len,

Thank you for your response, and sorry for the super long silence.http://forums.omnigroup.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

I am glad to know that it is in your plans!http://forums.omnigroup.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
I hope you get it done soon.

Thanks again.

Regards,
CA

In a way, OmniWeb has a partial solution already if all you need to do with the archive afterwards is read it again - command-option-shift-P will "print" a single page PDF of the web site you are viewing. The problems with it are that links are not active in the PDF and images are embedded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
In a way, OmniWeb has a partial solution already if all you need to do with the archive afterwards is read it again - command-option-shift-P will "print" a single page PDF of the web site you are viewing. The problems with it are that links are not active in the PDF and images are embedded.
command-option-shift-S rather than command-option-shift-P. No ?

My bad... yes it is S not P

Fantastic...One feature I loved in SafariStand! Single PDF.

Although having .webarchive would be nice, it is sort of propriety (yes, there are utilities to extract the hierarchy, and TextEdit opens webarchives).

This has been fixed it seems, you can now save as webarchive.

webarchives went live with the most recent sneaky peek :)