The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniSync not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,

I am using OmniFocus on my mac and iPhone. I signed up for Omni's WebDAV based syncing service. On my Mac it seems to upload all the info just fine. However, after typing in the login info on my iphone when setting up the sync, the app hangs at "Preparing to synchronize" with an empty progress bar forever.

Did work with MobileMe before btw, but I cancelled MobileMe.

Can you guys help me?

Sorry for the trouble, azarias! The tips at the start of this thread may help. If not, contact our support ninjas and we'll be happy to assist.

I have to admit that OmniSync isn't working that great for me as well.

Before I had setup my own WebDAV using MyDrive and that worked great. Then I switched to OmniSync thinking it would make things easier/faster but the opposite is the case. Syncing from and to the iPhone became significantly slower than with MyDrive. Not sure what that is. It seems sometimes when I try to send changes from the iPhone the whole process gets stuck. In that case I was on my home wifi but it took more than 3 minutes and then I quit the app.

Not that great. Should I switch back to MyDrive or are improvments coming?

FatalError, if you contact the support ninjas, we'd love to take a look at your account on the server and see what's going on.

It's possible there's something here we can tweak or fix, but depending on where you're geographically located, it's also possible that the MyDrive servers are just closer to you and can give you a faster connection. (The OSS is here in Seattle with us.)

Since I'm in germany and MyDrive is a Swiss service I assume that's the cause for it being superfast. So I switched back. OmniSync didn't work good for me. Some syncs never finished ect. As soon as I switched back everything is working again.

(We're now pretty far from the original topic of the thread, so I'm going to break this out into a new one.)