The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bug when folder and project with same name Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello. I'm using the latest version if the iPad app.

I wanted to reorganize my projects. I created a folder called Household, and wanted to move a project called Household into it. Didn't work. I ended up moving items one by one into a new project.

Everything synced up to the Mac okay, and in the sidebar on the iPad it's all fine. But when I click on Move on a project now, it shows two folders called Household in the hierarchy. That's the only place I see the duplication, but that means there's no way for me to clean up.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Robin

Can you describe exactly how you attempted this, and what happened? I had no trouble making first a project named "Household" and then a folder named "Household" and finally moving the project into the folder. I tapped on the project to bring up the editor, selected the Info pane, tapped the Move button, and then the "Household" folder.

I'm not 100% sure, but here is what I thought I did...

1. Created the Household project inside a high-level folder on the Mac.
2. Synced to the iPad.
3. Created a high-level folder called Household on the iPad.
4. Went to move the Household project into the Household folder.
5. The project disappeared, I had to hit Undo to make it reappear.
6. Created a new project called Whatever inside of the Household folder on the iPad.
7. Manually moved each task from the Household project to the Whatever project.
8. Deleted the Household project.

I've attached what it looks like for me now on my iPad. Note that the double-listed Household only shows up in the Move dialog.

Also - I removed the iPad app and reinstalled it, but that did not seem to clear up the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1000000062.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1000000061.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	1787  

Not 100% sure what happened here, but my guess would be that the filter settings on the iPad were responsible for the disappearing project in step 5. The project wasn't deleted, but it was hidden from view.

If you go to the Projects screen on the iPad, then tap the View button (it looks like an eye) and select the "All" option, does the second Household project appear?

(Another way to check this would be to open the Perspectives menu on the Mac and bring up the "All Items" one.)

This theory may be completely wrong, of course, but just in case... :-)

I actually ended up calling tech support. It seems that you're spot on, that the project was dropped, not deleted, but there is no red x icon showing this on the iPad app.

Glad the mystery is solved! Thanks.

Ah, possibly you brushed across the project status on the way to the Move button.