The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug? OmniFocus as login item Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I’ve noticed that if I add OmniFocus to my login items it doesn’t open the default document. I have to manually relaunch it.
Rev #: 88234

What do you mean by the "default" document? Isn't there only one database?

Yes, however if you CMD-click on the title bar you should get something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	631
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	243

Hmm... I don't get what you show if I command click the title bar. Nothing happens. And I don't have OF in my login items. I always manually invoke it (it *is* an alpha).

rev. 88278

Last edited by pvonk; 2007-06-24 at 07:11 AM..

I think the poster means Cmd-click the icon in the title bar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I think the poster means Cmd-click the icon in the title bar...
I must be missing something ... The title bar has only one icon, just to the left of the title "OmniFocus.ofocus" and if I command-click that, nothing happens. Below the title bar is the toolbar, but I don't think that's what you mean.

In almost any Mac application, if you hold down the command key and click and hold on the document title (not icon, but title), then the full path to the document is displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk
What do you mean by the "default" document? Isn't there only one database?
You can actually have multiple databases. Maybe it's only in there to help us develop and test the app, and maybe it will go away before we put a "Final" stamp on this, but...
If you dig into the Application Support folder and find your .ofocus file, you can copy it elsewhere. Double-click on it, and it will open a completely separate copy of the file, and you can change one without changing the other. (Except for a couple quirky bugs we're still tracking down.)
Again, not sure what our long-term plans are for this feature. If people see a definite use for this, let us know, so we don't accidentally take away your favorite toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
You can actually have multiple databases. Maybe it's only in there to help us develop and test the app, and maybe it will go away before we put a "Final" stamp on this, but...
If you dig into the Application Support folder and find your .ofocus file, you can copy it elsewhere. Double-click on it, and it will open a completely separate copy of the file, and you can change one without changing the other. (Except for a couple quirky bugs we're still tracking down.)
Again, not sure what our long-term plans are for this feature. If people see a definite use for this, let us know, so we don't accidentally take away your favorite toy.
One possible use might be using a separate database as a someday/maybe list, as I mentioned in this thread.

That said, I actually haven't been using it that way, in part out of fear that someday this ability would either go away or produce some horrible glitches. And this thread has recently made me realize the value of having all my backburner projects in the same database and accessible via Quick-Entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio Valoti
I’ve noticed that if I add OmniFocus to my login items it doesn’t open the default document. I have to manually relaunch it.
Rev #: 88234
What you do is open a new window (cmd+n; Window > New). OF does not re-open the window that was last open when you quit.

Interesting that cmd+n does not give you a new database, but rather a new view on your existing one. The database itself (the one sitting at the default location?) is opened when you start the app, correct?