The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

any way to spotlight-index non-main ofocus files? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I didn't fully realize it until I saw the release notes for 1.7, but it looks like only things in the main omnifocus database are indexed in spotlight:

Code:
Spotlight now indexes all projects from the main database, not just those which are incomplete. (It still doesn't index projects which have been archived.)
I'm using a non-main ofocus file for my maybe-someday stuff, and for digital general reference, shuttling between it and my active main database during my weekly review. I was really counting on being able to search my non-main ofocus databases with spotlight...

Are there any hacks that would include these in the search?

Apologies if this is not related, but when I've tried to find the "Perspectives" folder, Spotlight comes up blank, but of course it is there. Maybe that's how Spotlight is set up, I'm not sure (both 10.5 and 10.6).

Bob

I just want to nudge this. Perhaps it's not an easy thing to do. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm one of very few that are using non-main ofocus documents the way I do...

Anyone happen to know whether Google Desktop will search non-main ofocus documents?