The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aqua Elements? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was wondering how hard would it be to incorporate aqua elements into OW ala safari. I know its just a visual thing but I would love the aqua elements to show up... Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
I was wondering how hard would it be to incorporate aqua elements into OW ala safari. I know its just a visual thing but I would love the aqua elements to show up... Thanks
Do you mean that you would like to see web sites' controls or buttons be aqua like? If so, use an older version of OmniWeb. OmniWeb uses a more recent version of WebKit that places that control with each site's Webmaster.

If you mean otherwise, please explain.

FWIW I much rather it when webmasters get to choose! Aqua buttons sometimes look out of place. After using safari again after OW for so long the first thing i noticed were the aqua buttons! they looked very odd and out of place

I'm refering to checkboxs and submit boxs and the like. And while its nice that webmasters use it, most places I find don't and I prefer the aqua buttons but then again... thats my personal feeling. I'll learn to live with it I guess.

You'll have to as Safari will become like OmniWeb in this respect in the next version. Personally I can't stand this decision in WebKit as there are far more web designers who code to the lowest denominator and use the ugliest Windows-like web elements they can find than there are those with any taste or design skills. I'd much rather see an occasional out-of-place aqua element than a multitude of pixelated, grey, ugly crap all the time.