The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Synching to iPad WAY slow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Might also be worth checking to see how much free space is available on the device; if there isn't much, it may be worth seeing if freeing some up causes the transfer speed to improve at all.

I can imagine a world in which writing data to an iOS device behaves similarly to a SSD, where you get much worse write performance as the amount of free space drops. Of course, I could also be completely wrong. :-)

Well, that was an interesting suggestion. I duplicated the file, copied it to the iPad, then changed the original file and dragged that over to the iPad. It updated it very quickly. So you may well be right - there was some sort of corruption with the original file or its placement on the disk.

So thank you for that. Thanks also to Ken and Brian for their insights. I really appreciate it.

I have this problem of copying over from iTunes sharing being slow too. I do it over Wifi. Small OmniOutliner documents sized 30 KB takes 25 seconds to copy, after seemingly being unresponsive.

The thing is, it only happens with OmniOutliner. Other apps copy fast without hangups. Like Readdle Documents copies a 283 KB PDF in one second. So if this is the case, OmniOutliner app has something to do with the unresponsiveness/slowness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
The thing is, it only happens with OmniOutliner. Other apps copy fast without hangups. Like Readdle Documents copies a 283 KB PDF in one second. So if this is the case, OmniOutliner app has something to do with the unresponsiveness/slowness.
Hmm… It only happens with OmniOutliner? Or only with OmniOutliner documents? (If you copy some of the same slow-to-copy OmniOutliner documents into an app other than OmniOutliner, are they fast or slow to copy?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Hmm… It only happens with OmniOutliner? Or only with OmniOutliner documents? (If you copy some of the same slow-to-copy OmniOutliner documents into an app other than OmniOutliner, are they fast or slow to copy?)
Behaviour seems to be intermittently. I cannot predict when it hangs and becomes slow, because it doesn't always happen. Just now, things run smoothly. Thing is, I've only had the hanging and slowdowns with OmniOutliner File Sharing. I will test some more and get back if it persists.