The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A passel of 5.9/6.0 feature requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangheeta View Post
Is it possible to have a "block flash content" in individual site preference?
Put this into the ad-blocker preference:

Code:
\.swf
Works like a charm for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbtuerke View Post
Put this into the ad-blocker preference:

Code:
\.swf
Works like a charm for me.
thx, I know this, but I asked to have a flash blocker per site, not global.;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangheeta View Post
Is it possible to have a "block flash content" in individual site preference?
An excellent idea...

I know people love the sidebar of tabs, but on my Macbook at home I have limited screen real estate, but also love the site preferences and history search features of OmniWeb. Maybe it'd be good to have a reduced tab view that behaves like Safari or something? This would be doubly relevant if Apple releases a small "netbook" next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
I disagree, at least with the current Chrome feature set. Sure, just like on Windows everyone will go Chrome-happy for a week or two but it will die down like it has there already.

Chrome is cool, but none of the added functionality of Omniweb, Safari with plugins, Firefox, or even Camino. No ad blocking, no site preferences, etc. etc.

Omniweb is already "beaten down". Face it, it's a marginal browser like iCab. It's never even mentioned in discussions of browsers. It just remains to be seen in Omni Group wants to get back in the game, or just provide lame maintenance releases such as 5.8. Considering how long 5.8 took, and how it's already way behind WebKit nightlies, I don't think it's a high priority for them.
I agree completely. All the focus seems to be on the money projects like OmniGraffle and OmniFocus. I'd love to see them get back into the game with OmniWeb, as it's a great browser. However, the WebKit lag is killing it performance-wise versus even Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intranation View Post
I know people love the sidebar of tabs, but on my Macbook at home I have limited screen real estate, but also love the site preferences and history search features of OmniWeb. Maybe it'd be good to have a reduced tab view that behaves like Safari or something? This would be doubly relevant if Apple releases a small "netbook" next year.
The tabs should be in an integrated sidebar, such as the one iTunes has. The current sidebar is a throwback to Panther. OW's interface needs a complete overhaul, in my opinion.

I dislike the iTunes sidebar -- I can't get rid of it when I don't want it occupying valuable real estate, except by dragging the window off the left edge of the screen, and then the buttons in the upper left are also out of sight. I much prefer the ability to close the drawer in OW. I don't have an objection to revamping its user interface, but I would be unhappy to see this ability go away.

As long as I'm thinking about it: Greasekit support built-in would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I dislike the iTunes sidebar -- I can't get rid of it when I don't want it occupying valuable real estate, except by dragging the window off the left edge of the screen, and then the buttons in the upper left are also out of sight. I much prefer the ability to close the drawer in OW. I don't have an objection to revamping its user interface, but I would be unhappy to see this ability go away.
There should be an option for a horizontal tab bar to appear after closing the vertical tab.

1. Add an option to disable bookmark icons in the favorites bar.

2. An option to have the tab drawer open by default. I'm actually seeing the logic of it, but wouldn't mind seeing traditional tabs as an option.

3. A Firefox-style clear personal data upon closing feature.

4. A better way to tell OmniWeb which Flash movies to play and which ones not to play.

Last edited by George in Cincinnati; 2008-11-24 at 12:32 PM..