The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Getting Notification even though Action is complete Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys, new user to GTD and Omnifocus and must say the $20 was a bargain for the depth and flexibility of the the app and I've only been using it for 3-4 days.

Anyhow, I completed an action today but still received the notification. Omnifocus took me to the action which was correctly crossed out. Is this a bug or is there an option to disable this?

Also I vote for audible notifications, I hope this is #1 priority.

I also vote for some kind of Database backup solution for non-mac users. I don't feel confident in Itunes keeping my data as a few months ago we upgraded my son's ipod touch from 8gb to 32gb, did a backup from the 8gb, restored it to the 32gb and everything was seemingly there but some of his game and other app data was NOT there, such as Mytown etc, so it makes me super hesitant to poor my life into this system without a backup solution for us PC users. And forking out another $99 a year for mobileme is not an option just for this one functionality. Surely you can programatically just export the database within itunes or some web site. Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall_110 View Post
Also I vote for audible notifications, I hope this is #1 priority.
See Ken's post here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=17384
Quote:
I also vote for some kind of Database backup solution for non-mac users. I don't feel confident in Itunes keeping my data as a few months ago we upgraded my son's ipod touch from 8gb to 32gb, did a backup from the 8gb, restored it to the 32gb and everything was seemingly there but some of his game and other app data was NOT there, such as Mytown etc, so it makes me super hesitant to poor my life into this system without a backup solution for us PC users. And forking out another $99 a year for mobileme is not an option just for this one functionality. Surely you can programatically just export the database within itunes or some web site. Many thanks.
Ken's post also mentions that iTunes file sharing is enabled in 1.7.1, so you can simply copy off your database occasionally as a backup.

Another option you can do is to sign up for the currently free Omni Sync server at http://sync.omnigroup.com and have your device sync to it.

Finally, there's a debug URL that you can click to have OmniFocus email your database to support, but you get a chance to edit the message before it sends it, so you can redirect it to yourself. You can do this today, although restoring your data before you have 1.7.1 or an Omni Sync server account would be a bit trickier. If you want a backup NOW, however, this is your best bet. Just visit http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...lDatabase.html from your device and follow the instructions.

Thanks whpalmer4 for the reply! This update resolves these 2 major issues for me.

Just so you know, OmniFocus for the iPhone 1.7.1 is available right now! Audible/vibrating notifications, iTunes file sharing, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall_110 View Post
Anyhow, I completed an action today but still received the notification. Omnifocus took me to the action which was correctly crossed out. Is this a bug or is there an option to disable this?
I still see this bug on 1.7.3. Am I safe in hoping this is fixed in 1.8 somewhere under
Quote:
  • Various improvements were made to the reliability of scheduling due reminder alerts for users with iOS 4.0 and later.
  • Changes made to Due Reminders in the settings are now immediately applied to scheduled alerts.
in the release notes?