The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Difficulty with School Stuff Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all,

I'm a new convert to OmniFocus, coming from Things. Things is great, but the customer service is less than stellar, and I need the extra power that OF provides.

I'm trying to figure out a way to have my school stuff in OF. Here's what I would like:
Folder: School
Project: Class Name (i.e. "Intro. to Lit.")
Sub-projects:
*Course reading & online posts
*Research paper
*Etc.

I want to have each class as a project so that I can "complete" it when the quarter/semester is over. If each class is a folder, I'm left with deleting the folder, correct?

But, if I make the "sub-projects" groups instead of projects, there's no way of putting them "on hold" and so forth.

Thoughts on how I might implement my idea? Am I approaching this correctly?

BTW, just finished GTD by David Allen. Really enjoyed it, though I'd love to see a revision with OF taken into consideration; too much paper information.

Any help you all can provide would be appreciate. Thanks in advance!