The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Location of OmniOutliner Backups Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm just curious as to the location of the location of "Automatically save a document backup every ... " (as configured in the general preferences).

It's a useful feature, but since I hold secure data in my OmniOutliner file I wouldn't want it to be backing up to an unsecure location. Note that I store my OmniOutliner in a secured disk image using Disk Utility. I'd hope that the backup was written inside this disk image - but I can't see the backup in there nor anywhere else on my system.

Does anyone know where these backups are located?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian-

The backup system of OO3 saves either to an invisible file inside the document wrapper or on a resource fork of the file. So everything is being saved to your disk image.