The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to put a project FOLDER "on hold" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What happens to Dropped folders when you use the OmniFocus "archive" option? Are they moved to the archive when sufficient time has passed? I want to avoid that. If "Dropped" folders behave identically to "On Hold" projects (that is they will never be archived) then they're workable for me. But I need to know if the archive reaper will claim them as that would be an issue.

I can't speak with certainty, but it sure seems like dropped folders don't get archived. I have a dropped folder that I use to hold project templates that's been sitting in my main OmniFocus document for years, and it's never been archived.

-Dennis

Thanks, all, for the very valuable information.

And thanks, Brian—email sent.

I'm really hoping that "on hold" comes to folders soon, but in the meantime, is there a way to set a keyboard shortcut to setting projects on hold? I tried setting it up in the keyboard preferences, but it didn't work. If there's no way to add it on our own, could it be added as one of the default shortcuts?

There is an applescript which switches the contents of whole folders to On Hold or Active in another thread.

If you are using OF 1.8, there is also a faster, toggling version (does not prompt the user for a choice, and uses slightly faster code).

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-08-20 at 07:02 AM..