The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actions wrongly colored Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I generally have my actions due at 3 pm, and I have the "Mark actions due soon" preference set to 24 hours. This means that actions that are due today are orange until 3 pm, when they turn red, and actions that are due tomorrow are black until 3 pm today, when they turn orange.

However, once 3 pm rolls around, I regularly (as in every day) see only some of the actions that are due tomorrow change to orange; the rest stay black. The badge number is also wrong. It only counts the actions that get colored orange as due soon, not all the actions that are due soon.

Quiting and restarting OF fixes this; all the actions due in the next 24 hours are now correctly colored orange. Has anyone else seen this or something similar?

Which version of OmniFocus do you have installed? This sounds like something we fixed for the 1.0.1 release, which is available here:
http://www.omnigroup.com/download/latest/OmniFocus.dmg

If you have that version installed and are still seeing this, can you send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com? We'll be happy to work with you to figure out what's going on here.

This is using one of the 1.0.2 builds; I'm seeing it right now in revision 99754. I did send the same message through the help menu feedback.

I have exactly the same problem, using version 1.0.1 revision 98233.

The feedback I got from a support ninja indicates that this is a known bug that will be fixed as time allows.

I'm bumping this because I STILL see this in 1.6.1. Am I the only one? It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally OF doesn't recognize when actions are due until I quit and restart OF. This morning, for example, OF thought I had zero actions due today (as indicated in the menu bar), but when I looked at my "due today" perspective I saw five actions. However, they weren't styled as being due today. Quitting and restarting OF fixed the styling and put the right number in the menu bar.

I see this on multiple (synced) machines. Anyone else see this?

Yes, I have seen it. It seems like sometimes OmniFocus doesn't notice a time-based state change until the app is restarted. But I can't consistently reproduce it.

I have not seen this behavior in the 1.7 sneaky peek, but I haven't used it much yet.

-Dennis

There's a separate thread that indicates that this problem is related to actions whose status should change while the machine is sleeping. Dennis and Chris, do you have you machine set up to sleep?

Curt

No, this happens on two machines (my work and home machines), neither of which sleep.

Are you talking about this thread? That seems like a different issue. In my case, the perspective is correct (all the actions show up), it's just that some or all of the actions are not styled correctly. Changing perspectives doesn't fix it, either.

Yeah. That was the thread I had in mind. Thanks for the cross-link. I'd encourage you to use Help → Send Feedback to report this again. They may have assumed it was fixed and closed the previous report.

Curt