The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Send to Inbox is very slow in 1.1SP Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I estimate that 30-40% of my OmniFocus items originate as email messages that I hand off from Apple Mail to OmniFocus using Services > OmniFocus: Send to Inbox. I use the Copy Clippings to Quick Entry preference to fill in action fields before sending each message to OmniFocus.

This technique still works, but there's a looooooooong delay (1-2 minutes) before the Quick Entry window appears. After that, everything works as before. I vaguely recall having this problem before, but my searching thru this forum didn't turn up anything.

I hope there's some knob I can turn to restore speedy Send to Inbox.

BTW, the standard (empty) Quick Entry window appears instantly when I click the keyboard shortcut in Mail.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Last edited by Ward; 2008-08-25 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: fix typo

Shortly after I posted my earlier note, my MacMuse whispered, "Quit and relaunch OmniFocus."

Send to Inbox is now as speedy as it used to be.

When I re-installed Clip-O-Tron 3000, OmniFocus quit and relaunched Mail. I wonder if it should also quit and relaunch itself?

I just upgraded from OmniFocus 1.5 to the latest 1.6 Sneaky Peek.

With 1.5, the Send to Inbox popup window appears almost instantly. With 1.6SP (109481), there's a 90-second delay before the popup appears.

When I reported this problem with 1.1SP, quitting and relaunching OmniFocus cleared the problem. That didn't help with 1.6SP.

When I first posted this reply, I said "I'm going back to OmniFocus 1.5."

Update: I downloaded, installed and launched OF 1.5. I had to reinstall the OmniFocus Mail Clip-O-Tron 3000 (from Preferences), which quit and relaunched Mail.

I'm now seeing the same glacial Send to Inbox popup window with OF 1.5. Sigh.

-- Ward

Last edited by Ward; 2009-03-02 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Update title & report with OF 1.5 details

Sounds like a local issue-- I haven't had any trouble of this nature.

Last edited by sfkeydel; 2009-03-02 at 08:25 AM..

This time my OmniFocus muse told me, "Restart Mac OS X."

That has restored speedy Send to Inbox popups with OmniFocus 1.6SP.

-- Ward