The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outline order is reversed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have used the outline feature to create a org chart / flow chart to map out some work that I am doing. However, the layout is reversed (bottom to top) from the my outline order.

I can't find any option that changes this behaviour. Can someone else help ?

I am using OG5 beta 2, but i get the same thing in version 4.2.

Check the direction in the Diagram Layout Inspector, you should be able to change the settings there.

Regardless of whether I choose vertical top to bottom, or bottom to top, or horizontal (which is what I want) the layout is the inverse of the Outline.

Thus my outline shows 1 2 3 4, but the diagram is ALWAYS 4 3 2 1.

bang! bang! bang! ( head on desk)

I have worked with this some more . If i set the layout to 'normal' or default is works OK, but when I use the settings as shown in the attached graphic, the flow is reversed.

I am setting the flow from right to left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	423  

Yep, this is a bug, and it has been here for ages. If you set the diagram layout "Direction" to left-to right, or light to left (and save it as new diagram layout), then the outline elements
a
b
c
d

show as

d
c
b
a

in the diagram. Most annoying.

EDIT: this apparently affects only first (root) level in the outline.

Last edited by Axial; 2008-04-25 at 08:56 AM..