The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Authentication/Subscription problems setting up Calendar Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm getting the same bad password result, "iDisk rejected your password". :(

Sorry for the trouble, folks. Still investigating what's going on here, but can the folks that are having trouble with this try syncing their phones with the servers they're using? (So tap the button in the center of the OmniFocus toolbar at the bottom of the home screen, in other words.)

Does the sync succeed, or does it error out in the same way? If the sync succeeds, are folks then able to complete the calendar sync setup once they've done an initial sync?

Tested the setup steps against my iDisk, but I've been syncing to it from months...

Last edited by Brian; 2009-07-22 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: clarify how to do the sync with the server

I'm using bingodisk - standard syncing is all fine as usual, to the same server.

I can see the DueSoon.ics sitting on bingodisk at the same level as the omnifocus database.

The .ics file itself seems fine - I can subscribe to it from my mac and even sync the calendar from iCal to my iPhone. But even after syncing from the mac I couldn't get it to register from within OmniFocus, or adding it as a manual subscription calendar in iPhone settings...

I've switched it all off for now to save me spending too much time fiddling - but I'll try any other suggestions as they crop up...

Status update:

Still working on nailing down specifics, but wanted to let folks know where we're at.

We've reproduced the problem on one of our test devices - based on the error messages that appear in the phone's console log, it looks like the preferences application is refusing to update an existing entry in the phone's keychain. That's why OmniFocus' portion of the sync process work, but the subscription fails.

We don't have confirmation yet, but our working theory is that the folks that are having problems have an existing entry in the keychain for their sync server that isn't valid. (Either due to a typo, or because they changed their account name/password at some point in the past.)

If our theory is correct, Calendar is sending the information from the first keychain entry it finds; if that doesn't work, it just fails at that point rather than looking for another keychain entry or asking the user to re-enter the information and updating the keychain. (OmniFocus itself had this problem until we fixed it several releases ago.)

Until we actually confirm the theory this is just conjecture, but I wanted to let folks know where we're at. Thanks for the patience, and sorry for the trouble this is causing!

I am having trouble actually subscribing to my calendar. I am using MobileMe, but when I try to connect to the calendar (in OF settings) I get prompted for my username and password, but after entering it (username@me.com), it always give the message "Could not subscribe to the calendar "DueSoon.ics" from "idisk.me.com"."

Clearly I am missing something obvious.

If I leave out the @me.com part it just gives me the username/password prompt again.

If more information helps, my ics file and my OF file live in the Documents folder in the root of my idisk. I can open the ics file in iCal on the desktop without any problems (and now am getting reminders on my dekstop).

I had the problem with mobileme, and here's how I solved it. When asked for username and password I typed in myname@mac.com and my password. Result was rejection. Then I tried just myname as the username, put in the password, and it worked. So the @mac.com might be being supplied twice? As in, myname@mac.com@mac.com. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvahoos View Post
I get prompted for my username and password, but after entering it (username@me.com), it always give the message "Could not subscribe to the calendar "DueSoon.ics" from "idisk.me.com"."
uvahoos & igrok, sorry for the confusion here. Your email address contains your user name, but only the portion to the left of the "@" symbol is actually your user name. I'll edit the instructions to make that clearer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvahoos View Post
If I leave out the @me.com part it just gives me the username/password prompt again.
If you log on to your iDisk from the MobileMe website, do you see a file named DueSoon.ics in the "Documents" folder?

If so, OmniFocus has done it's portion of the setup (by placing that file on the iDisk), but the Calendar application on the phone is having trouble connecting and fetching the file. This is the problem that other folks in this thread are having.

We're not sure why Calendar is behaving this way, but even when the correct user name and password are entered, the dialog reappears. Sorry for the trouble; we're continuing to investigate this.