The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync back to MacBook? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

My MacBook was stolen last week, but fortunately I backup most of the files. Before my MacBook got stolen, I sync all the Projects to my iPhone, so I didn't lose any projects content.

Now I want to Sync back those content FROM iPhone TO MacBook (I bought a new one), but I do have a concern if I click on Sync, is there a risk that I might lose all the content coz they replace my projects on iPhone with those welcome and get started stuff on my new MacBook?

many thanks~

Hey Roggie-

When you click sync on the desktop, I can confidently say that you'll be asked to choose Local or Server copy. (You would want to choose Server.)

Data is still backed up if you choose Local, though.

To be safe, I might even make a copy of the OmniFocus.ofocus folder on your iDisk.

Hope that helps, but if you want, write in to omnifocus@omnigroup.com .

Thanks derekr,
could you please be more specific? I click on sync, and the icon rotated for 1 second and stoped, then nothing happened on either my iphone or my desktop...