The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

toolbar tab view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a big fan of the preview tabs on the left and right. they look amazing. But I would like to have the option to have Safari style tabs in/under the tool bar. I am using a 12'' powerbook and a lot of sites these days require nearly the complete screen. Even if i make the tab preview as small as i can i end up having to scroll a bit. it would be great for us screen challenged users to have the option to put the tabs in a visually less striking way underneath the tool bar.

thanks

I'm a huge fan of OmniWeb. The latest WebKit absolutely rocks...it's very fast and works with most of the sites Safari stumbles on. However, the vertical tab bar definitely takes time getting used to, especially on small screens. The idea of tab preview is nice, but text is horizontal. In order to get enough viewable tab text, I need to make the drawer bigger than I would like. I know the idea is to use the preview image rather than the text, but with duplicate pages from the same site you can see how this becomes a problem.

FWIW, if you hover your mouse over a tab for about a second you get a tooltip which presents you with the full title. If you then move the mouse over all tabs in view and the tooltip will automatically show for each of them:

That way, you can make the tab drawer as small as you like and still get feedback.