The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NSURLErrorDomain -999 periodically from automatic proxy config Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using latest sneaky peek, I see periodic failures from OmniWeb loading pages behind an automatic proxy configuration. Either minutes or hours after OmniWeb was launched page loads will start to fail, error log shows every subsequent URL failing with NSURLErrorDomain -999. Quitting and relaunching OmniWeb clears the problem.

My site has a complex (~700 line) FindProxyForURL() which I unfortunately cannot reproduce here. What's interesting is that the failures are from sites which would _not_ use the proxy (i.e. FindProxyForURL() returns DIRECT).

Is there some debugging information I can provide to track down the root cause? Both Safari and Chrome do not exhibit this behavior using the same (system-provided) proxy autoconfig URL.