The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What happend to your brilliance and creativity Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Easiest job in the world is a critic. To your credit, you did provide suggestions on how the product could be improved. Though, the impact of that was probably lessened because of the apparently sarcastic remarks at the opening.

I would say that the original comment is partial too. Very obviously, there is use for Project apps out there. A lot of people use MS Project or other related apps and I elieve ther *is* a serious market for it on Mac as well.
Now it's not for everybody. Many many people have no use for it. It doesn't mean it's a bad product, just that it's not for them - period!
I guess some people had expectations as to what the "secret app" would be and were disappointed when they realized it wasn't for them. Now whether *you* (generic *you*) need it or not is a different topic; I find the app extremely well designed for its purpose and rather easy to use. I've played a bit with MS Project on Windose and I clearly clearly would rather use OmniPlan for this type of task.
To be fair, the pool should be "do you think OmniPlan is a good software for task planning".

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalxman
Considering the creativity of this company and the magnitude of the core apps this one app is SAD.**

The icon is the only thing that was good.
I wouldn't polemic but I have the feeling that this post is partial since the improvement suggested is **only** for people whose EYE is the more important thing. That's ignoring other kinds of people e.g. those for whom EAR is more important and who can also claim for more sounds for accompanying each step of the project and ask for certain music to represent certains persons and who won't like too many colours because it's disturbing their thinking ... :cool:

... Must be very difficult to make everyone happy !!
:D