The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Large number of files on iDisk after first sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys,

Like a number of people, I'm having trouble synchronising between my mac and iPhone 3G. I know you're up to your neck in it, so I'm not looking for a magic bullet here, just wanted to check if what I'm experiencing is normal, or whether there's a regression/bug in the latest build.

In order to try and get a clean sync working, I've just turned off sync, upgraded my OF build to the latest (103800), removed the old sync from my idisk, turned sync back on, and waited for the first sync to finish. When this completed, I looked on my iDisk, and the sync seems to contain over 1000 files, even though there's only one client! Also somewhat surprisingly, I've just checked and my Mac OF database is 4.3MB, even though as far as I know, there aren't many tasks in there.

Is this normal? I'm going to try rebuilding my database to see if that helps..

Paul

Hi guys, sorry, just realised I'm being an idiot.

I've just run the coalesce script, and my database is now miraculously 50kb instead of 4.3MB. Quite a difference. I'm still having major problems with OTA sync, but I think that might be more to do with the rubbish mobile signal in the building I work in than anything else.

I've just set up a webdav server on my mac, and that's working fine, and will hopefully tide me over until Wifi sync comes in.

Cheers,

Paul