The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why calendar notifications instead of Push notifications? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Extremely Short Answer, Updated:
We absolutely do want notifications in OmniFocus, we just want them to be time-based rather than push-based (so they'll work when offline).

To that end, we've implemented calendar-based notifications for the next OmniFocus release for those who are syncing via MobileMe or WebDAV.
Can you explain how this calendar-based notification would work for MobileMe users?

Ok, so I saw your announcement about adding notifications to the calendar app on the phone for offline notifications. I was looking for a timeline for this feature. I would love to use prowl, but laptop cannot be left on to run the growl notifications.

Any info would be great :-)

***sorry just saw this in the sticky about push will wait for your response there***

Happy to help, cshumate! The first post in this thread has been updated with some additional information on how the alerts will work.

Are the calendar based notifications in iPhone v1.5.1 that just came out. I don't see them so I'm guessing the original post meant next major release (i.e., 1.6 or 2.0) - is that correct?

Last edited by dave256; 2009-07-10 at 05:20 AM..

Hi, there's an app called NotifyMe that's has Push Notifications. I didn't buy it but it seems to work with a count via web. Maybe the solution it's to develope a web app so you'll have push notifications and if you don't have your mac ay work you can still working with OF. Two problems solved with one solution.

I really need push for my stuff. I'm using the script for iCal. It ok but no perfect.

I hope, as always, you'll find the best solution, I'm a great fan of Omnigroup's apps.

Locking, renaming and un-stickying this thread in an effort to reduce potential for confusion about where to post with questions about the new feature.

Updated first post in this thread with link to the new sticky on how to configure calendar notifications in OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5.2.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-07-22 at 03:04 PM..