The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jumps back to wrong place in page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi. new to omniweb, like it a lot. more than camino, safari and firefox. but a persistent problem is that after clicking a link—say, from google search—and then going back takes me not to where i clicked, but way up or way down the page, it's infuriating. i've monkeyed with adblocking settings, etc. but to no effect. any tips? thanks.

Once the page has finished loading it should scroll you down to where you last left off. Usually this is instantaneous if the page is cached but if it isn't it may take a few moments. If you scroll the page before it finishes loading it will not reset you to your prior scroll position which may be an issue that you're seeing.

You may also want to try increasing your cache size in the History preference pane.

thanks for the reply. i bumped up the cache, and let pages fully load, but it still happens a lot of the time. very frustrating. i've changed the background color for the browser, could that be relevant? or blocking ad images? or the number of tabs i have open?

Out of curiosity, when you come back to the page, are you presented with a text field highlighted for typing in? Like the search field on google or something?

nope. usually takes me to the bottom of the google search page. or the top.

hey, i think i finally figured out the nature of the problem. i used system preferences/keyboard to assign the "go back" function to my right arrow key (yeah, quirky, i know). that's what's messed up. it goes back, but gets the wrong spot in the page a lot of the time. the delete button gets it right every time. weird. glad it's not a browser-killer for me, but would still love to use my shortcut(s). any ideas what might be causing this? thanks again.