The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Checkboxes on right instead of left! Annoying! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There wasn't a flaw in my argument...we were having a discussion based on subjective viewpoints...it's the type of discussion that has no Right or Wrong outcome. In the end the user just has to deal with what they were dealt.

I don't particularly like it, but hey, that's my viewpoint and I am comfortable with it not being taken to heart as a valid point.

If designers don't criticize layouts and aren't willing to see around the whole user scenario, you end up with a stilted way of doing things.

I design UI for a living, so I know the drill of observing, questioning, discussing, criticizing, reassessing, designing, refining and fine tuning. Design is an ongoing process, and the minute you shut out any contrary views, it's the moment you lose your edge at achieving something truly inspiring. You end up building a reliable MiniVan which serves its purpose as a vehicle, instead of an elegant Crossover the driver enjoys driving, waxing and taking pride in.

But as I stated, this is my viewpoint...and mine alone. :D

Last edited by policarpo; 2010-10-03 at 12:32 PM..

I like the check boxes where they are. It didn't bother me at all. I just started using OF today and i didn't even think about it until I saw this thread.

I'd vote (stop laughing, whpalmer4) on behalf of consistency, albeit with a slight preference to check boxes on the left, simply because with my failing eyesight I find that position easier to see (especially with single word actions) what I'm actually ticking off!

I think a compromise is in order. Let's just put the checkboxes in the middle. :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgallant View Post
I think a compromise is in order. Let's just put the checkboxes in the middle. :lol:
Maybe just one big box that is easy to hit, and marks all the day's work completed, complete with the sparkle animation we had on April 1st a few years back :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Maybe just one big box that is easy to hit, and marks all the day's work completed, complete with the sparkle animation we had on April 1st a few years back :D
Let's not get crazy! The check boxes themselves are already too big on the iPad. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
Let's not get crazy! The check boxes themselves are already too big on the iPad. :p
Well, what if it delegated all of your incomplete tasks to someone else, wouldn't that make up for it? One ginormous button labelled "I want to knock off for the day" ringed by lots of microscopic ones for your actual actions. That way your non-GTD colleagues have a chance to keep up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Well, what if it delegated all of your incomplete tasks to someone else, wouldn't that make up for it? One ginormous button labelled "I want to knock off for the day" ringed by lots of microscopic ones for your actual actions. That way your non-GTD colleagues have a chance to keep up :)
As long as it all synced fluidly in a collaborative environment. :D

You know, if OF would just DO the work we need to do for us, we wouldn't need to have any checkboxes at all. Jeesh.... ;)

Awww come one now. If that happened where would we be able to congregate and talk until we're blue in the face.