The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniPlan to OmniFocus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have to admit that right now going from OmniFocus to other Omni applications is rather painful.

The Copy/Paste to OmniOutliner is bad, no export from OmniFocus.

This is a surprise...

-- Harald

Quote:
Originally Posted by haralds View Post
I have to admit that right now going from OmniFocus to other Omni applications is rather painful.

The Copy/Paste to OmniOutliner is bad, no export from OmniFocus.

This is a surprise...

-- Harald
Applescript is one route:

Download

I've recently become quite used to using OmniFocus to capture day-to-day task realizations. I love the strategy of OmniPlan, though I have yet to spin up a project that uses it.

On one project, I'm using RallyDev.com to handle agile-management. I have the sense that an OmniFocus -> OmniPlan export route would be highly optimal for this management. With OF integrated via the iPhone app, it seems like a dream situation for agile dev & management by team members who are working in varied environments (field sales & research, engineering, designer, executive)

I really hope this integrate becomes part of the next releases of OF and OP.

Zak

Hi Guys,

A quick search of the forums found this page and i am wondering firstly if there has been any updates on the omnifocus/omniplan relationships.

However i am really interested in the ability to export an omniplan document to omnifocus (via omnioutliner format or whichever) filtered by resources. What i am hoping to achieve is the ability to send out tasks to staff so they have there tasks in the much loved omnifocus.

Thanks!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthoniii View Post
Hi Guys,

A quick search of the forums found this page and i am wondering firstly if there has been any updates on the omnifocus/omniplan relationships.

However i am really interested in the ability to export an omniplan document to omnifocus (via omnioutliner format or whichever) filtered by resources. What i am hoping to achieve is the ability to send out tasks to staff so they have there tasks in the much loved omnifocus.

Thanks!:)
I am interested in this ability as well, as we have recently begun deploying OF for all staff to manage their own tasks. But I would like my managers to use OP to manage company projects and then "send" certain tasks to their staff to "import" into OF.

So I am also wondering the if Omni Group has plans to allow further interactions such as this between the two applications??

Yes, they do, but I understand the pieces aren't ready yet, and they haven't been publicly disclosed, so I don't feel comfortable sharing anything more than "it's pretty cool!" and that there should be some benefit for people interested in delegation between OmniFocus users as well.

If you have specific notions of how you would like it to work, be sure to send in your comments with Help->Send Feedback for consideration.