The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I re-arrange the hierarchy of my actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every time I try to re-arrange my actions OmniFocus tries to nestle the action into a folder.
Any way around this?

O

"Folder" has a specific meaning in OmniFocus—you can create folders in the left-hand sidebar in Planning mode. I'm guessing that the nesting you're seeing is what OF calls "Action Groups".

At any rate, the nesting of a dragged action is controlled by where you drop it. If you drop to the right of the checkbox above, then the dragged action is nested. If you drop to the left of the checkbox above, then the dragged action is a sibling.

There is a visual indication of this that you can experiment with. Click and drag on the "handle" bullet of an action. Drag the item below another action without dropping it. Then move the mouse, still dragging, back and forth. You'll see that the arrow indicating drop location extends as you drag right and contracts as you drag left.

Hope that helps.

Curt

Wow, much thanks Curt for the quick-response.
It worked perfectly!
Although I swore I'd never buy another organizer, I'm really considering purchasing this one.

Do you know if the bugs in syncing with iPhone has been resolved?

O

Quote:
Originally Posted by oloyd View Post
Do you know if the bugs in syncing with iPhone has been resolved?
I haven't made the iPhone leap yet, but I suspect that the final release of OF 1.1 will be the signal that the syncing bugs are fixed. Maybe someone else can chime in with their experience.

Curt

I haven't seen any syncing problems, but it's only been a day or two that I've been using OmniFocus on my iPhone (and about 2 weeks on the 1.1 alpha on my MacBook Pro).

If you venture into these waters, make sure your backups are working properly and that you do it regularly (seriously, I'm producing about a dozen backups everyday).

-Dennis

The sync has also been working with iPod Touch, using the new iPhone OS 2.0 and OF 1.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I haven't seen any syncing problems, but it's only been a day or two that I've been using OmniFocus on my iPhone (and about 2 weeks on the 1.1 alpha on my MacBook Pro).

If you venture into these waters, make sure your backups are working properly and that you do it regularly (seriously, I'm producing about a dozen backups everyday).

-Dennis

Thanks Toadling. I just purchased mobile OmniFocus.
It's saying that I need to choose something called WebDAV???
I have no idea what that is, do you?

O

Quote:
Originally Posted by oloyd View Post
It's saying that I need to choose something called WebDAV??? I have no idea what that is, do you?
Yeah, WebDAV is the protocol OmniFocus uses to sync data with a remote server. You need to either have a MobileMe account, a third-party web hosting service that provide WebDAV access, or setup WebDAV on your own Mac (it's built-in to Mac OS X's web server).

The easiest option, by far, is to just get a MobileMe account. However, it's probably also the most expensive of the three options (but you do get some other really cool stuff with it). I've had an account for years, so that's what I use.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Yeah, WebDAV is the protocol OmniFocus uses to sync data with a remote server. You need to either have a MobileMe account, a third-party web hosting service that provide WebDAV access, or setup WebDAV on your own Mac (it's built-in to Mac OS X's web server).

The easiest option, by far, is to just get a MobileMe account. However, it's probably also the most expensive of the three options (but you do get some other really cool stuff with it). I've had an account for years, so that's what I use.

Hope this helps.

-Dennis
OMG, I wouldn't have gotten OmniMobile if I knew I had to spend some more money. I ddo already have my own website, though. Can a WebDav be accessed there?

O

I got the desktop and mobile apps together last night and I'm already all ported and up to speed.

The sync works splendidly so far and the feature set exceeds my expectations.

FYI... I used .mac (now mobileme).