The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Contexts and Projects question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all.

I'm a complete Omnifocus newbie but love the concept and I'm very keen to make myself more efficient/reliable!

Setting up the various contexts and projects I can understand the general principles I think. The problem is I'm not au fait with GTD!

I can see that I might make a project called "groceries" and within that use contexts for different places I shop. The problem comes with my work: my photography orders come in electronically. I then edit and send them to the lab, the lab returns the prints and I send them out to clients myself.

Would I be better to have a project called "orders" and move orders between two contexts, say "pre-lab" and "post-lab", so I can keep track of where they are in the process? Would moving orders between two projects be more correct?

I know this is basic but I want to get it right!

Many thanks in advance