The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how do i show projects with due or flagged status? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
cant seem to do this??

i want to be able to see my project list in the sidebar and have my projects viewed by status...flagged or due.

just wondering why the project filter is so limited in comparison to the context filter?....it seems that omnifocus is very context-centric. ive also just posted on the iphone forum about the lack of project-based perspectives. there is only context-based perspectives.

does anyone know a reason for this focus on just contexts?

Turn on the view bar, sort by flagged. All of your flagged projects will be shown before all of your unflagged projects.

If you want to see all of your projects arranged by due date, turn on the view bar, group (or sort) by due.

The general notion behind OmniFocus is that you execute from context mode, choosing from the actions available to you in the context(s) you occupy. That way you don't waste time scanning actions you can't do at the moment. Naturally, if you want to focus on a specific project and work it until done, you can do so, but that would be done in project mode (aka planning mode).

thanks for the advice.

i was hoping to do a review of my projects looking at what was due and flagged. doesnt look like its possible. need to work with the program not against it!

Sorry, I led you astray a bit; I didn't look closely enough at my test case! Here's a better answer:

If you want to see a list of projects that are due, I suggest downloading Rob Trew's Where in OF script which will let you run queries such as:

projects where due date ≤ today and completed is false

or

projects where (completed is false) and (flagged is true)

producing a window focused on only the projects that match the conditions.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2012-07-17 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: Update link

Note that my second answer shows you only projects that are due or flagged, whereas the first one shows you projects containing actions which are due or flagged in addition to projects which are due or flagged.