The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to control and lock lines to magnets deep inside objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a relatively complex shape that is made up of many objects, each object within the shape seems to be a bitmap with magnets assigned

I am trying to draw a line from outside a shape/picture to a magnet located on an object deep inside the complex shape.

When I attempt this the line always jumps to the edge of the object not the magnet inside the object.

If I select the line and turn off "Allow connections to other objects" or click on the shape and turn off "Allow connections from lines" I can position the end point of the line exactly where I want it, but it does not lock to that position of the object.

How can I lock it to this position of the object/magnet?

For background the complex shape is a graphic of a network chassis. It is made up of multiple objects inside each other. starting from the outside chassis, slots, modules, ports etc. I am trying to draw a line from outside the shape to the inner most object a port

Thanks
Steve