The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus or OSX Bug? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need some advice on whether this is an OmniFocus bug or a OSX bug, or perhaps it's just me!

I have a 12" (1.33) Powerbook running the latest update of Tiger. At home I plug in an external monitor and sit in front of that monitor to use the laptop.

Last night I plugged in the monitor and logged into the laptop and OF was running on the external monitor.

Later I unplugged the monitor with the laptop still running and all I could see of OF was the Perspectives window. I pressed F10 and the main window came into view. I clicked on it but again could only see the perspective window.

I shut down OF and restarted it but again I could only see the Perspective window. It wasn't until I looked very closely at the screen that I realised that there was a sliver of window visible at the right hand edge of the screen. I clicked and dragged this sliver and it turned out to be the OF window maximised, which I then pulled into its proper place on the screen.

Is this normal behaviour for this app or is it the OS at fault or what?

In the meanwhile, if you are often switching between double screen and single screen, it might be useful to have an applescript something like the one below on your toolbar, to bring your OF window(s) to the top left of your current screen.

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	repeat with oWin in (every window where class is document window)
		set {_, _, intWidth, intHeight} to bounds of oWin
		set bounds of oWin to {0, 0, intWidth, intHeight}
	end repeat
end tell

Last edited by RobTrew; 2008-03-21 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: typo

This is brilliant!! Thanks a lot.

Andy

Apparently, Apple recommends shutting down before connecting or disconnecting external displays. From the "Connecting multiple displays or a projector" help topic:

Quote:
To connect multiple displays or a projector:

1) Turn off the displays and the computer.

2) For each display you want to use, connect a video cable (and adapter, if necessary) from the video output port on your computer or graphics card to the video input port on the display. Make sure the cables are securely connected or you may not be able to see an image on the display.

3) Turn on the displays and computer.
However, I distinctly remember reliably doing this by putting my machine to sleep instead of shutting down. Unfortunately, I don't use multiple displays anymore, so I couldn't tell you how well it works now.