The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Connecting lines? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I make one parent connect with two children with only ONE line going out from the parent (like a fork)? I can do it so it looks right, but in the outline list in the utilities drawer the structure goes haywire. If I try to fix the structure in the utilities drawer the graphical layout gets messed up. I must be missing something really fundamental here. Grateful for any advice. All the best, Fridge

Try using orthogonal lines between the parent and children, then add magnets as necessary to get the two orthogonal lines to overlap as they come into the parent.

Hope that helps,

What a relief... Puh, it worked! Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day,
fridge

The only issue that i have with this is when two lines overlap, the line becomes bold. This makes the chart look odd as part of the line is not bold and where multiple lines merge, it becomes bold. This look especially bad on dotted lines. Is there a way to fix this?

I would also like to ability to group lines. When I try to move the position of one line, the other just stay in place, I would like them to move as well. For example, when I have the "fork" as described above; when I adjust the horizontal position of line 1, line 2 stays in its original position, it does not adjust along with line 1.

Last edited by joeworkman; 2008-08-25 at 09:47 AM..