The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone SDK impressions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just wondering if you have any sense of what OF might look like on the iPhone since you've seen the SDK now? Will it sync with OF on my Mac without a .Mac account? That would be sweet! Any tidbits to share?

We have not seen the SDK yet. It will be released in February, probably late February.

The iPhone is no good to me, much as I'd love one (I hop between European countries and have different PAYG SIM cards for each place - the roaming charges would be huge). But I'm looking at the iPod Touch as it offers all I need at the moment - or at least it would if it ran OF!

So - I know you haven't seen the SDK yet - but do you expect the handheld version of OF to function on the iPod Touch too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phc View Post
- but do you expect the handheld version of OF to function on the iPod Touch too?
Has there been talk of a handheld version? I'd be surprised since that would involve writing new code as the iPod uses a different processor and development tools. Also, unfortunately, the iPod Touch, like the iPhone, don't support to do lists.

I *think* the iPod touch is closer to the iPhone than it is to the other iPods. If we can use the same SDK for both, I think whatever we make for the iPhone we'd make work for the iPod Touch as well. Obviously, I can't make any guarantees until we've gotten our hands on the SDK.