The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rb-OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys,

I just wanted to throw this out to the community. I've just started writing a ruby wrapper for OmniFocus. I'm writing it for syncing between Basecamp and OmniFocus.

Right now I'm just releasing the interface library for OmniFocus but I'll most likely opensource the whole thing when its done.

If your a rubyist and want to poke at it with me check it out here
http://github.com/itthugs/rb-omnifocus/tree/master

My use case for this is as follows:

An application that will run on my workstation which will periodically sync, and be able to accept triggers , the todo items assigned to me on Basecamp. Also it will be able to push the actions I've created on my OmniFocus to Basecamp as todo's assigned to me. It will handle creating of Projects on both systems.

As my workstation is online 24/7 I'll get syncing between, my iPhone, OmniFocus install at home, work as well as Basecamp. Sounds sweet to me!:D

This library will make it pretty easy to whip this thing into a web-front end. I know there is one being worked on but it seems to have stalled.

If anyone has any suggestions or requests please let me know.

sounds like a great idea. on a related point, is it possible to have BC receive emails and convert them to todos? (assuming all required parameters such as project, assignment are included)

im guessing this can only be done with the API if any at this point. the only thing BC seems to do with email is handle replies to already active messages.

ultimately what i had wanted was to send some OF tasks via email to BC to become todos.

Hi itt-Dan

I did exactly what you are talking about. I built it as webservice and called it Spootnik (http://www.spootnik.net). It does synchronize Basecamp with OmniFocus and vice versa.

Best regards,
Lars