The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SurfRabbit now supports OmniWeb 5.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For those that have been asking for support for OmniWeb in SurfRabbit, it is now available!

Please check this blog entry on the SurfRabbit site for details, or visit the SurfRabbit main site for information on SurfRabbit.

Very cool!

It appears Apple's latest security update might cause some problems with SurfRabbit; anyone experiencing problems with customized pages should read this blog entry for details.

Anyone else SurfRabbit is not working for?

I simply canīt customize pages. Neither in Safari nor in Shiira. The menu command simply does ...nothing.

The only way to customize a page is to import Rabbits; then I may customize the page (and it works great). For a site which is not already in the list - no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphaag
I simply canīt customize pages. Neither in Safari nor in Shiira. The menu command simply does ...nothing.
Please note that not all pages can be customized; the possible reasons for this is explained in more details in SurfRabbit's Help guide (available from the browser's Help menu, or in the Help Library from the Finder)

Nice idea, but I cannot customize any pages at all. I'm trying to get it working with Safari, but the "Customize Page" and "Customize Style Settings" menu items simply do nothing, ever, on any page.

The only way to get these working is, as jphaag described, to load an existing "Rabbit". Then -- and only then -- is it possible to edit pages.

A bigger problem is, this thing makes pages take a lot longer to load.

IMO it's not usable at the moment, but this is a good idea, so I'll be watching for new versions.

Last edited by Stormchild; 2006-08-23 at 02:01 AM..

Please try the latest nightly which fixes the problem with creating a new customization.

Hi Surfrabbit,

thank you for following up.

I just downloaded and tried the newest build - the problem persists; new customizations are not possible.

All the best, JPH

That bug persisted due to a typo in the deployment build. The nightly build released today fixes that definitively, and also corrects a problem with displaying multiple customized pages at once (through tabs, etc.); please give the new build a try.

And remember that you may always contact us through our contact form on the SurfRabbit website for a faster response.

Works! :) Thank you.