The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to make OF not sync on open on iPh 3G? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a large database that syncs relatively quickly most of the time. However, I would prefer not to auto-sync on opening the iPhone app. Sometimes I just want to refer to something quickly, and the app can take anywhere from a minute to several minutes to sync on opening.

I have gone into the Settings page, clicked on the MobileMe selection under "Synchronization" and turned the auto-sync selection "OFF".

It still syncs every time I open the app. I don't want it to sync at open but only when I tell it to sync.

I have reinstalled the app once already, which had no effect on this behavior.

Does anyone else have auto-sync turned off yet still finds the iPhone app automatically syncing every time it is opened?

Is there anything I can do to get the OFF selection to "take", so that the iPhone app will not sync automatically at startup? Or does turning off auto-sync only apply *after* the app is opened and does that first automatic sync?

S

Steve, I'm really sorry about this! I haven't seen that happen before; on my phone if the setting is disabled, it behaves the way you'd like.

If you contact us via email, we'd be happy to look into this with you.

At the very least, we can work with you to try and reduce those sync times. Unless the network connection is very, very slow, having syncs take that long on a consistent basis means something out of the ordinary is happening.

As requested, I will start an email thread.