The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Sync Requires Authentication message Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I signed up for the omnisync service, but when I try to sync it with my mac, I get a message asking for my name and password. I tried my username, email, real name and everything but I can't get past this message. What "name" is this referring to?

It's asking for the username you used when you signed up for an account on the Omni Sync Server. You had to fill out a web form asking for Username and Password after you clicked on the link in the email they sent you. Whatever you supplied for Username and Password is what you have to supply to OmniFocus for it to be able to access your account on the Omni Sync Server.

And just in case you haven't yet signed up, you can do so here: http://omnigroup.com/sync/

Thank you for the help. The user name is case-sensitive and I was typing my user name in wrong.