The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Organizing stencils Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have added just about every stencil known. Now, I would like to know how I can create the "subfolders" in the stencil menu so that I can organize the stencils roughly in categories. For example, I would like to add all the maps to the maps sub-menu. I can't, for the life of me, see how this can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Payam

I don't know about the sub folders, but something that works great for me is to create your own "best of" stencil and copy/paste the items you use most from each one of the other stencils. It's likely that you only use a few from each stencil. Also, to get more items on one stencil, I make the items smaller. I've recently been doing all this, so I felt compelled to respond. Hope you find this helpful.

I think it will work if you do this in the Finder. Quit OmniGraffle and navigate to the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils folder and create your folder hierarchy there.

I can confirm the finder does work to organize the stencils. Just make folder and put the the stencils inside them.

Dan