The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting to Omnifocus document Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In trying to archive some of my old, completed tasks in order to diminish the size of my OF file and thus increase the speed of the program, I seem to have noticed a bug or at least an inconsistency.

My understanding is that when you use the export function, only the visible tasks are supposed to be exported. This is what happens when I do an HTML, simple text or CSV export. However, when I export into an OF file it seems that the complete contents of my current file are exported, not just the tasks currently visible.

--
Matthew

Last edited by mpw; 2008-03-05 at 05:57 AM..

That is the expected behavior. You might try running the "Rebuild Database" command and see if that solves your problem.

If you are still seeing slow performance please let us know at omnifocus@omnigroup.com

Hm, that's the expected behavior? It would make more sense to me then if it didn't show up in a list of other formats that only export the visible tasks.

Also the documentation should mention this explicitly. The documentation as it stands now first describes how to go about setting the window up to show only the tasks you want to export and then lists the formats that you can export to, one of which is "Omnifocus Document". That seems to imply that the new "Omnifocus Document" also contains just the current visible tasks.

As I originally understood it, this sounded like the perfect way to archive items you no longer want to have in the database but still want to keep a copy of. The archiving question has been raised a number of times in the forum.