The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum "seen" memory lapse Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As of last night, I had viewed very posting the the Forums Feedback, OmniWeb and OmniWeb Squeaky Peek forums, with all three directory pages open in a tabbed page in my new Omni Group Forums workspace.

This morning, the forums have had a memory loss w.r.t. the threads I've already read. It looks like it's forgotten everything I've seen since sometime last Friday.

-- Ward

Same here. I guess there are still some bugs in the system ;)

Same here (I mentioned it in the forum bugs thread.)

I just mentioned this problem in the "sp1 and forum" thread. That we posted in various places and didn't necessarily see each other's posts before we reported suggests that using the forum as-is is not very effective. Is there a better organization?

The problem seems to have been a transient one. I marked everything as read and have been in and out of the system several times over multiple days, and it seems to be acting correctly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethkatz17582
The problem seems to have been a transient one.
I agree with Beth.

Shortly after I discovered this problem, I revisited the three forums I'm tracking and viewed every thread to mark it "seen." Since then, I've switched to my Omni Group Forums workspace, refreshed my 3 forum directory pages (tabs in one window), and found updated & new threads correctly highlighted.

-- Ward