The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Highlight row on hover Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone has found a way to modify the OF core to allow for a row to highlight a certain color on hover (or mouseover). Maybe via CSS?

Kinda like you can do in CSS for web links using the :hover pseudo-class?

Would be very helpful when you need to click the "notes" icon at the far right of a long list. I often end up clicking the wrong note, especially on my 22" monitor.

If not, this would be a GREAT feature for the next release.

Thanks!

As far as I know, there's no way to currently do this. OmniFocus is, obviously, not a web application, nor does it use any kind of a web framework to render its interface. So CSS is pretty much out of the question, I think.

WARNING: I don't think Matt Neuburg would like this feature. :)

It seems like current aesthetic opinion is leaning away from mouse-over flashiness. I'd be surprised if more would be added, but who knows what the future holds.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-05-16 at 07:55 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcalloway View Post
Just wondering if anyone has found a way to modify the OF core to allow for a row to highlight a certain color on hover (or mouseover).... Would be very helpful when you need to click the "notes" icon at the far right of a long list. I often end up clicking the wrong note, especially on my 22" monitor.
It's not quite what you are looking for, but OmniFocus does put a gray dot to the left of the row over which you are hovering. It's subtle, but if you want to verify that you're clicking the correct notes icon, it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
It's not quite what you are looking for, but OmniFocus does put a gray dot to the left of the row over which you are hovering. It's subtle, but if you want to verify that you're clicking the correct notes icon, it works well.
Uh, no I don't see this on the most recent production version. Too bad this option isn't built-in. Seems like a rather basic UI enhancement.

It does show up on the most recent 1.0.2 release. If you're not seeing them, then there's an issue with your install. Have you made any changes to your styles? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause problems.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-05-17 at 06:47 AM..

Hmmm, maybe. All of my tasks have dark bullets to the left of their checkbox. I don't see anything when the task is moused-over. However, I haven't made any changes to my OF defaults.

edit: Ok, I dumped my preference file and now all is good. Must have had an older pref file from a previous release? Dunno.

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited by bcalloway; 2008-05-18 at 03:37 AM..

I'm glad it workef out, bcalloway! I thought it might be something with the style preferences because the same thing happened to me back in the OmniFocus beta days. Scrapping the preferences file, like you did, fixed it for me back then as well.