The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
add 'estimated time " to projects inspector .
I'm surprised that omni focus still doesn't tell me a summary of estimated time to complete a project . This would help immensely with project review for the week to know that one project requires 5 hours and another 3 days .

yes, it's only an estimate but it would help .

I think it's not there because in the "back-of-the-envelope" planning model that OF has adopted from GTD, a sum of individual action estimates would not necessarily equal the project estimate. In fact, summing might encourage users to spend more time planning and less time doing.

However, you can enter an estimate for the entire project, if you display the estimated time column. Does that suffice for your needs?

Oh I know you can enter a sum manually , I was just hoping for an estimate to show up eventually . One of the areas of GTD that I stray from is the " back of the envelope project planning "

My boss usually wants a ball park idea of how long something will take .. I"ve found it's better to give a higher estimate and get done sooner .

Omni focus should be able to provide that data easily .. especially since they plan to integrate it with Omni plan someday .