The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniGraffle for lightweight 2D drafting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I became pretty good using the app Canvas for drafting, but it is no longer being updated for OS X, and I'm looking for an alternative. I used it for drawing a room I was remodeling in my home (2x4 lumber, etc., to scale), some simple furniture designs, those kinds of things. I own OG, but haven't done any of that kind of drawing with it yet. I know I need to dig in and learn, but thought I'd ask how well suited OG might be for this purpose. Typical things I did would be create a rectangle with dimensions in feet and inches, use a feature to butt that object against another, and use a dimensioning tool to show sizes (e.g., the height from floor to ceiling). I know I can do the first two of those in OG. I'd appreciate any advise from others doing this kind of work in OG. The work I do is sporadic, but when I'm drafting, I like to have tools that work well for the task. Thanks.