The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Issue with calendars. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys,

I've been trying to get a public holiday calendar added to my projects that uses a public ICS file (to allow me to distribute it to anyone with a web connection), and I've searched the forums for this issue:

When I enter a public URL for an ICS file, nothing happens. When I add the same ICS file locally and subscribe to it via iCal, it works fine.

What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Seems to work for me with OmniPlan 2.1. Here's what I did:

I went to http://calendarlabs.com/ical-calendar-holidays.php and found a calendar full of holidays: webcal://www.calendarlabs.com/templates/ical/US-Holidays.ics

I then went to my OmniPlan document, went to the calendar view, clicked on Extra & Off Hours, then did Project->Configure Publishing & Subscriptions...

I clicked on the + button and chose Subscribe offtime/overtime from web calendar, pasted the URL into the URL box, and was rewarded with some red numbers on the calendar at lower left, and big red blocks on the time view at right.

OK, thanks. I was using a regular http:// URL.

I found a webcal:// URL and it works.

Cheers!