The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

newbie asks how to control the proliferation of open windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
subject says it all :-)

peter

What proliferation of open windows? I don't see that behavior. Can you describe what you're doing when a new window appears? (My guess is that you are using perspectives that are set to open in a new window. For custom perspectives you can use the Perspectives --> Show Perspectives dialog to change that behavior.)

Curt

There are two ways that I get more than one window:
- If I have preferences set to display over-due tasks in Mac menu bar and I click an item in that list, it opens a new window.
- If I have Growl notifications on and click on a Growl OF alert, it opens a new window.

However, I haven't found a way to force the primary window to display my request rather than opening a new one.

Mark

Ah, I see. That's a good idea. I don't think there is a preference for that yet, but you can use Help --> Send Feedback to submit a feature request.

Curt