The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

new context symbol Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Another vote for no icon. For folks that desire the @ before their contexts, they can type it. In the current scenario, for those that don't, we're stuck.

It seems like there are 2 camps.... Those that prefer the "@" symbol and those that prefer something else or nothing at all.

I am personally in the "@" symbol camp but I don't mind adding my own "@" in front of the text. A nice compromise might be to have a set of available icons that a user can choose choose including a NO symbol option. This way everyone is happy ;-)

Just a thought...

I like having some sort of symbol ... still another clue that I'm in context mode.

The symbol also makes a nice handle to grab and move contexts around.

The current symbol works for me, but so did the @. I like anything that doesn't call too much attention to itself.

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by laner19
It seems like there are 2 camps.... Those that prefer the "@" symbol and those that prefer something else or nothing at all.

I am personally in the "@" symbol camp but I don't mind adding my own "@" in front of the text. A nice compromise might be to have a set of available icons that a user can choose choose including a NO symbol option. This way everyone is happy ;-)

Just a thought...
Love it. As part of the "something else or nothing at all" camp, my intent is not to prevent others from utilizing the beloved @ sign (and it is beloved). My only hope (OK, maybe not my only hope) is to have the option. Your proposal would suit me just fine.

I love the "@" icon (alone or in its current incarnation). Somehow, in the context of GTD, "@" has come to represent contexts, so it's a helpful visual clue. But I certainly support the option to have it visible or not. :-)

Oh -- and I agree that the spacing between the new icon and the context names is slightly too generous. They seem detached. But it's not too big a deal. :-)

Last edited by soundsgoodtome; 2007-07-12 at 08:28 PM..

I've been working for a day without an icon next to the Contexts and I like it just fine. Until there is more than one type of thing appearing in the left frame of the Context view then I think having an icon on each item is redundant.