The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus and OCR (Optical character recognition) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For a while I've had a daydream of someone making an app that would help with combining paper and OmniFocus - something that uses OCR (Optical character recognition) technology to read text from a picture - and somehow use this to combine paper and OmniFocus. For example: I like using an index card during the day to list must-do next actions and capture stuff - what if you could print out a card in the AM with flagged next actions, then take a pic of your card in the evening to import to OmniFocus, check NAs off, add new things to your inbox, etc. Again, more of a dream.

Evernote has started something like this with their Evernote Smart Notebook. I've gone down the road with Evernote and GTD and it doesn't work for me, but on a purely geek level I'm fascinated.

I didn't find any topics about it here, just wanted to throw this topic out and see if anyone has anything interesting to share, or if Omni Group has anything to say about it.