The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omni Focus on iPhone 3G crashed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Considering that Omni has a reputation for making high-quality apps and providing good support, I think it's wasteful and counter-productive to sling mud at this time. Also remember that Apple is making it hard to get anything loaded on the app store.

I know it's frustrating to run into this sort of thing. It's doubly so when it's your productivity app which should be saving you time, and is critical to your day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumma View Post
Could the number of actions Focus can keep in memory be related to how many of the standard applications (like Safari) are in use? I had 8 pages open in Safari when the two apps failed.
This is definitely a factor, but I don't know how big a factor. Playing music certainly uses up memory. I don't know how long Safari holds on to memory when it's not running, or how much it uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
I say BS to that. I just purchased the program and only have one item, ONE item, not over a thousand. And it crashes all the time.
Sorry this is happening - the 'thousands of actions' bit only applies to folks that are syncing their OmniFocus database with their iPhone database.

From the information you mentioned in another thread, you're not synching; you also mentioned that this is one action with two pictures and an audio recording attached. Audio and pictures both occupy a lot more space in memory than the text we use to represent an action without attachments.
I don't know enough about how the app works to know if that's the cause. If we are loading those attachments into memory before you view them, it's certainly a possibility. If you're seeing a "Loading..." progress bar, and we crash before the bar fills, that would seem more likely.

If we're just starting up and crashing straight away, it's more likely that the problem is one of the ones mentioned in this Apple tech note. Do those steps help at all?

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-16 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: incorporated info from the other thread.